Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back in the U.S.

I am now safely back in the U.S. after a long day of travelling. We left Nairobi at 10:30pm on Tue, arrived in Amsterdam at 6am on Wed and spent a few hours walking around the city and visiting the zoo during our layover. Then we got back on a plane at 1pm Amsterdam time and arrived in Newark at 4pm East Coast time yesterday. I came home briefly to drop off stuff, then went to a dinner party in progress to say hi to all of the EEB friends I have been away from this summer.

I realize I didn't post anything my last week at Ol Pejeta, so here are a couple more photos from there.

It rained almost every day my last week, turning the roads to slick and mud. I got around most of the time, but did get stuck for about an hour 1 day. We slid sideways and ended up with the front tires in one rut and the back tires in another. We eventually were able to push out of these ruts and drive off road the rest of the way home.

Here are some cute frogs that were hanging out in the paper bags I was drying my grass samples in before mailing the grass to a lab for analysis. I took the frogs out first.

No comments:

Post a Comment