Friday, April 30, 2010

Headed to Kenya

So I decided to create a blog to document my adventures and misadventures in Kenya this summer. Friends and family can check in to see what I am up to half way around the world and hear about my research. I will also try to include lots of cool pictures of wildlife.

For those of you who didn't yet know, I have been accepted and decided to attend Princeton University this fall 2010 to get my PhD in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. So come September 1, I will be moving to New Jersey for at least the next 5 years. Before that though, I will be headed to central Kenya this summer with my new Princeton advisor, Dr. Daniel Rubenstein, and several undergrads to begin research early. I leave the first week of June and return the first week of August. I will be staying at the Ol Pejeta Conservancy and working on a project on hybrid zebra behavior. I don't know any specifics of the project yet, so I will update on that when I learn more. If anyone wants to learn more about where I will be, the Conservancy has a website you can check out:
http://olpejetaconservancy.org/
Here is a link also to Dr. Rubenstein's website:
http://www.princeton.edu/~dir/index.html

When I return, I hope to continue to update this site with posts about my new life as a grad student at Princeton. I don't know yet if this will turn into a place to share progress on my research, talk about my daily life, or just vent about frustrations. For now, off to Africa!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny!

    Looking forward to seeing photos of Africa. Studying zebras should be easy...its all black and white.

    We like the new condo. We are in town for soccer tourny.

    Jacob and Andy

    ReplyDelete