Monday, May 10, 2010

Plane Ticket Booked

So I officially have a plane ticket to Kenya as of today!
Leaving June 2 from JFK on Air Emirates flying to Dubai (!) and then from Dubai to Nairobi, Kenya. I am kind of excited about going to Dubai even though I won't get to see anything outside of the airport. I have always wanted to go there. Maybe on a future trip I can try to stay over for a day or two in Dubai. I thought we would be changing planes in Europe somewhere, but I guess this flight was cheaper. The only downside is, the flight to Dubai is 13 hours long. That's a long time in a small seat. But then from Dubai to Kenya is only another 5 hours. Going through Europe would have broken it up more evenly (two 8-hour flights), but that's ok. I'm just happy to be going! And I'm not paying for the ticket so I don't really get to decide, haha.

My parents (and Sarah!) are driving down to Alabama on May 28 to help me pack and move everything to Ohio on May 30. Then I have one day to rest/finish packing before flying to Newark Tue morning June 1 (which also happens to be my birthday :) ). The flight to Dubai leaves JFK early on June 2, so I figured I better get to Princeton the day before to avoid any chance of being delayed and missing my flight. So... I will get to Princeton on June 1, hopefully spend the night with one of the undergrads going on the trip, and then leave with the whole group to head to JFK the next morning, June 2.

I get back to the states 2 months later on Aug 8. I will be flying through Dubai again, back to JFK, then taking a shuttle to the Newark airport where I have a direct flight back to Dayton. So if anyone wants to come meet me in Dayton, I get back at 6pm on Aug 8.
It's getting close!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment