Tuesday, May 18, 2010

2 weeks

2 weeks from today I will be headed to Princeton to check in as a new, early-arrival grad student and meet up with the group before heading to Kenya. Then 2 weeks from tomorrow I will be on a plane to Dubai. Exciting!!!! Which reminds me... I need to start taking my malaria pills next week.

The day I will be at Princeton, June 1, is my 24th birthday (when did I get so old?)... and also happens to be their commencement, so it will be pretty busy on campus. I will have like 30 minutes after I get off the train from the airport to go fill out all required forms at the grad school before they all leave to go watch commencement. It's a tight schedule, but since that is the only day I will be on campus, the woman at the grad school was really nice to meet with me during such a busy time. Hopefully it will all work out fine.

I think I have pretty much everything I need for Kenya now. I have packed most of my things at my house in Alabama to get ready to take it back to Ohio too. I am sort of at the point where I can't do much more because everything not packed I still need to use for the next 1.5 weeks. The parents and I are throwing a going-away party the last Friday night I am town. If anyone reading this will be in Tuscaloosa May 28 and I forgot to send you the invitation, please come! Anyone is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment