Friday, August 19, 2011

Done with fieldwork

So Thursday was the last day of my project this summer. I officially finished fieldwork yesterday. That means only 4 more days in Kenya now. I am excited to get back home, but the closer it comes I realize I will really miss it here too. It is just so beautiful.

Today I did laundry and we went to town to do some souvenir shopping. Tomorrow we are having one more goat roast before I leave. Se we will go buy another goat and slaughter it ourselves again. Sunday I will pack. Then Monday I drive back to Mpala for the night. Tuesday some of the undergrads and I head to Nairobi for the night. Then our flight is at 9am on Wednesday the 24th. With the time change, I get back to Newark at 11:30 pm that same day. Hopefully I can get through customs in time to catch the last train back to Princeton! Otherwise I will have to bribe someone to come pick me up at like 2am...

I will try to take a few more photos before I leave and post them either in the next few days or after I get back. It feels strange that the summer is almost over. And there will be new grad students at Princeton when I get back! We are not the newbies anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you got lots of awesome data! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! See you soon, can't wait for the wedding/roadtrip

    ReplyDelete