Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Animals

I hope to finally get started on real work tomorrow by putting out grazing exclosure cages and camera traps for my research. For the past week I have had collars on cattle herds to see where they are going in order to choose my sites. Now that I have that info, I can begin collecting data. It always takes longer than expected to get set up and rolling around here. But that is ok. In the meantime, I have seen more cool animal sightings, as usual for this this amazing place. Here are just a few:

 Another poor baby tommie fell victim to some hungry jackals...

 Giraffe's drinking at the water trough
 Sunset during a sundowner
 Saw the wild dogs again
A very wounded zebra... not sure what did this to him. He was near the wild dogs, but it could have been a lion also

No comments:

Post a Comment