Friday, June 7, 2013

Lake Naivasha

We arrived at Lake Naivasha yesterday for lunch, and then went out on a boatride of the lake. Apparently there is more water in the lake right now than people remember seeing in 20 years. The shoreline has come in 2 kilometers! (yes, you read that right). Boat pictures are on a different camera, so I will try to post those in the future, but here is a view of some of the flooded land.

The Lake Naivasha country club where we are staying is very nice and the waterbuck come right up to the buildings. Also, a vervet monkey came into my room and stole my banana today! I had the door open and was napping in my bed, when I heard a rustling and looked up. The vervet on my dresser looked at me knowing he had been caught red-handed, grabbed my banana and scooted out the door.
The highlight of this stop so far, though, has been the horseback riding. Mom and I (sans Dad) went for a 2 hour ride on sanctuary farm. You can get super close to the wildlife when on a horse, because the animals do not view them as a threat and don't notice the person on their back.
 The view from my horse, Dancer. Some unconcerned wildebeest
 Mom on a horse!
 Hanging out with a giraffe
Me and mom

No comments:

Post a Comment