Monday, June 18, 2012

Lions! and car fixed!

Finally saw lions... and now two days in a row.
Yesterday evening we saw 2 female lions, lying in tall grass. They eventually got up and stretched and I got a nice yawning shot.


Then this evening I came across three young (subadult) lions. They were without their mom, so she might have been off hunting, leaving them to look cute for tourists.



And on another positive note-- my car was fixed and ready for me this morning. So I still got a full day of work in (camera traps in the morning, vegetation measuring in the afternoon). The workshop took my fuel tank off and welded the holes where it was leaking fuel. The guy also told me, "we tried to flatten your tank out a bit too"-- i.e. they hammered out all of the lumps and bumps it had accumulated over the years from driving over stuff. And now without all of those bumps, it holds an extra 5 liters of fuel!
So all in all, a pretty good day. I will write another post later about my visit with the Northern White Rhinos yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment