Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stop Raining!

It has not stopped raining since Lisa and I got to Mpala... 6 days in a row. Which really puts a stop to researching since the roads are too bad to drive to most places, even with 4-wheel drive. So I don't know that I will actually get much done at Mpala other than relaxing and staring out at the view. It is a nice view though.

We have seen some cool animals here that we didn't see at Ol Pejeta though. First there are a lot more Grevys zebra: 35-50 as opposed to the 14 total on all of Ol Pej. Which means I actually see them in herds and not just one or two at a time, which is pretty cool.
They also have greater Kudu and tiny little dik-diks.... which I think are my favorite (aside from the zebra). They have the best name too. Their bodies are like little antelope, but their faces remind me of a mouse or a mole.







No comments:

Post a Comment