Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yes, I'm still alive



Hi everyone. Sorry for the long delay in posting. Things have been busy here- working away. And I am still trying to save my internet time.

First up, a wildlife photo for the day. This is from last week sometime of 7 giraffes all drinking from the water trough together. When they pull their heads out they spray water on each other.

In other news, Robin left on Sunday to head back to Nairobi with his dad and then back to the UK to finish up his masters. Hopefully we will see him again some day soon, maybe back here in Kenya. His parents will be in Nairobi for another 2 years. Also Blair leaves today (Friday, July 2) in just an hour or two, which will be sad. She has been here 3 full months though and is ready to get back. Lisa and I will be here together for another month. Dan is saying now he want us to stay til July 27th before going to Mpala for my last 2 weeks or so. Then I fly home Aug 7.

Yesterday we went for a Sundowner for Blair's last night and on the way back we came upon a pride of 14 lions! Just right on the road in front of us. Some of them just sat there next to our car for a little while. It was pretty cool to see that many together.

Other than that I have been working away. Going out everyday searching for hybrids and recording all of their behaviors and interactions. I have seen 21 individuals now, all but 3 of them. Hopefully getting some good data.

No comments:

Post a Comment