Friday, January 10, 2014

End of December

Before I post more new stuff... I thought I would go back and post some things from December. These are from December 30 driving from Naivasha to Nanyuki (and back to Ol Pejeta). On the way you pass through the town of Nyahururu where Thomson's Falls is located. Near the entrance to the Thomson's Falls viewpoint are these beautiful murals about nature and the local people that I always thought were really cool.





Then in Nanyuki we (me, Sammy, and his 2 cousins) stopped for lunch at Trout Tree. Most of you have heard about it from me already, but it is a restaurant IN a tree (a very big tree).  I have never seen the place so crowded. The whole place was full and we got to sit in the top level, overlooking the ponds where they grow the trout. Since I don't like fish, I got some yummy beef kebabs.
Also, I didn't get a photo... but there is now a hyrax hanging around that will literally climb up your chair and into your lap trying to get food! I pet it!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment