Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baby animals!

It's that time again-- the annual baby animals edition of the blog!
Cheetah cub with its mom-- this is an older cub, so not quite as cute as a tiny one, but still awfully adorable


The tiniest baby zebra. It must have been born just earlier that day-- you can see the mom still has blood on her back legs


And of course a baby giraffe, because even though they are already larger than a human, they look small next to their moms

In work news: I tested out part of the new plan on Wednesday-- my census method works pretty well just speaking it all into a voice recorder. Then I can put it in a spreadsheet later. Today (Thursday) I went out with a guy and moved all of my cages to the Eastern side and did vegetation measurements at them. My former guard James is busy chaperoning the Earthwatch group, so I had a new guy named Rashid. He does not get a gun, so if anything charges us, we just have to run back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment