Tuesday, February 18, 2014

More Sunsets


First, the bad news... it has been raining here for the last 3 or 4 days straight! This is supposed to be the long dry season. Rains aren't supposed to start for another month. But apparently things are becoming more and more unpredictable in recent years. Climate change in action.  And while rains are good for the grass and the animals, it is bad for the roads. One of the all black cotton soil tracks between two of my bomas was already pretty hairy yesterday. I had to drive in 4WD, 1st gear for awhile to get up the incline out of a valley.  And it just finished raining heavily here today, so the roads will only be worse now.

But back to some lighter fare-- here are some photos taken before the rains started of some more lovely sunsets. One night the sun was SO pink you had to see it to believe it. Unfortunately I only had my small camera with me, not the good Canon one and was not really able to capture it fully. But these photos (of several different sunsets) should fill in ok.

The clouds over the research center one evening were amazing. And the pink light was perfect... but for only 10 minutes, then it faded away. Good thing I decided to go outside during those 10 minutes.


 Then, driving back from the bomas one night, I looked behind me and saw this.  Again, it was perfect for 10 minutes, then the pink disappeared and everything began to turn to gray.


No comments:

Post a Comment