Monday, February 3, 2014

Where are all the cats (and dogs)?

While wildlife viewing is always great at Ol Pejeta, one highlight is usually the frequency with which we see lions, cheetahs, and wilddogs. However, this trip, they seem to have disappeared.

I'm told they are still around. And other people claim to have seen the wilddogs several times in the last few weeks. But since I have come back (over a month ago), I have yet to see the wilddogs and have only seen cheetahs and lions once each.  Where have all the predators gone?  They are not even showing up on my camera traps. As some of you have seen, I have some great photos from past years of lions investigating and even chewing on the cameras. This year, nothing so far. Maybe they have gotten bored of them?

So instead, all I can give you are the following: a male ostrich, a baby elephant at night, and a male tommie.



No comments:

Post a Comment