Monday, February 24, 2014

semi-tame bushbuck

There is a semi-tame, young male bushbuck who sometimes hangs out around the research center for a day. He comes once every few months.... and was back the other day. I have seen him three times now. We think he normally lives near Ol Pejeta house. But I don't know why he decides to wander over to Research every so often.  He seems to have little fear of humans, barely noticing when people walk by. He will even look at you from only a meter away over the half-wall of the porch, or lay down next to a banda door to take a nap. I haven't really tried to see how close I can get without the porch wall in between us. I don't think you could touch him, but could maybe get close.

I espcially like the photo of him eating grass in front of the "Beware of Wild Animals" sign. Now all he needs is a name. Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment