Sunday, June 12, 2011

Another Day of Rain

I went out this morning to look for hybrids. The roads were still wet from yesterday, and were just starting to dry when we had another drenching downpour this afternoon. Today's rain may even have been more than yesterdays.Luckily for me, the thatch roof of my room does not leak. Most of the other rooms however, are not so lucky. Kim came back yesterday to find it raining on her computer. She said today it felt like it was raining inside her room (along the perimeter) just as hard as outside.

So the roads will probably be even worse tomorrow. They didn't have time to fully dry today before being inundated again. But I don't have to go out in the morning because I have my meeting with Dan, the cattle, and research people. I am kind of nervous. This is a very necessary meeting so I can find out where the cows are now and where they are planning to move them, so I can pick research sites. I am just worried that the plan I have will not work out because the cows are already everywhere, or are not being moved in the timeframe I am here, etc. We'll see how it goes.

The next step is to get my exclosure cages finished. The frames are being welded in town now and are supposed to be done by Wednesday. However they are too big to fit in my car, so I need to find someone here with a truck that can drive me in to town to fetch them. Then once I get them back here, I need to wire the chicken wire on myself, and possibly hire someone to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment