Monday, June 6, 2011

in Kenya!!!

Hi everyone-- I have arrived safely in Kenya.  We had a tight connection in London. Our flight from Newark landed as they were almost about to close boarding for our connecting flight to Kenya. Plus, Heathrow is laid out in a very strange way. We could see our next gate through a glass wall, but had to walk approximatley 2 miles and go through security again in order to get to it!  But luckily we and all of our luggage made it onto the plane!

We arrived in Nairobi at 8:30 am local time this morning. I slept 3 or 4 hours on the plane, so my body is already on Kenya time. Hopefully no jet lag at all. It took an hour or 2 to get our bags and get everyone organized into our van ride up to Mpala. Then we had a 4+ hour drive from Nairobi up to Mpala, stopping on the way to buy cell phones for people. So we got to Mpala at close to 4pm. 

We saw the usual elephants, giraffes, gazelles, and zebras on the drive into Mpala. For all but me and 1 other girl, this is their first time to Kenya. One girl was so exicted to see the giraffes. No pictures yet, but I will try to post some in the next couple days. I will be at Mpala until Friday when I plan to drive over to Ol Pejeta for the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment