Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rain

(The cheetah brothers again, this time without a baby zebra)

It is pretty late into the dry season for rain, but it rained again. Yesterday there was a light shower that passed and didn't do any damage to the roads. This afternoon, however, was a heavy downpour. I was out in the field when I heard thunder and saw dark clouds coming in. So I quickly drove back to the research center and pulled up just before it started to pour. Consequently, I am not going to the boma tonight to pick up their GPS units, because I think I would get stuck on the road there.

The past 2 days have been me trying to start behavioral data collection. It has gone ok, but I am worried that I am not going to be able to collect enough data. Dan is coming to visit next week one day, so hopefully we can figure it out then. I have also discovered that one of my supposed "before cows" sites, actually has cows on it right now. They were out in the middle of the plain today when I was collecting data.

Tomorrow Kim's friend Alli leaves to go back to California after visiting/helping out for 2 weeks. So we will go to town to have one last lunch with her and then put her in a taxi to Nairobi. We may go eat at Trout Tree, and if we do I will make sure to take picture this time and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment